Sports reporter Jon Alba tweeted:
I’ve heard from multiple sources about #WWE pulling a contract offer from a top young talent involved in the recent string of sexual allegations that have come out about pro wrestlers. Obviously a situation the company (and everyone) has to take very seriously.
Some misunderstood this tweet, so Alba clarified this was an offer made to someone who isn’t currently with the company for them to sign, NOT someone who is already there.
He later added he couldn’t reveal the name of the wrestler, but that the statement he made is accurate.
There have been reports that WWE is indeed taking the situation seriously and is looking to release wrestlers it deems to be ‘problematic’.
The company has already released Jack Gallagher, Ligero and Travis Banks following allegations made against them.
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Nikkita Lyons Provides Injury Update After Being Pulled From NXT 2.0
- Update On How Long Stephanie McMahon Will Be Away From WWE
- Men’s Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Final Set For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- First Women’s Owen Hart Foundation Cup Finalist Set