Sports reporter Jon Alba tweeted:
I’ve heard from multiple sources about #WWE pulling a contract offer from a top young talent involved in the recent string of sexual allegations that have come out about pro wrestlers. Obviously a situation the company (and everyone) has to take very seriously.
Some misunderstood this tweet, so Alba clarified this was an offer made to someone who isn’t currently with the company for them to sign, NOT someone who is already there.
He later added he couldn’t reveal the name of the wrestler, but that the statement he made is accurate.
There have been reports that WWE is indeed taking the situation seriously and is looking to release wrestlers it deems to be ‘problematic’.
The company has already released Jack Gallagher, Ligero and Travis Banks following allegations made against them.
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- Another WWE Star Trying To Join Judgment Day
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- Former WWE Star Seemingly Signs Deal With The Company
- CM Punk WWE Brand Status Update
- WWE Legend Hospitalized Due To Illness
- AEW Star Set To Return To IMPACT Wrestling
- Backstage Details On Randy Orton WWE Creative Plans
- ‘A Lot Of Negativity’ Backstage In AEW, Reasons Why Revealed
- WWE Botches Big Match Announcement?