Fightful Select (subscription required) has reported that a WWE official has confirmed that WWE releases are going to become more of a regular occurrence.
The report noted that the (unnamed) WWE official Fightful spoke to claimed that people within WWE thought there were honest intentions behind the company’s “talent stashing” phase in 2018.
There were reportedly pitches involving collecting talent, establishing international Performance Centers and filling the facilities with native and international performers. Plans and pitches reportedly came to a halt once the pandemic became a big issue.
The report also stated that the official expressed frustration, following the recent cuts. When asked who was responsible for the releases, the official reportedly noted that the calls were a collaborative effort, but pointed out that Vince McMahon could have personally stopped any of the cuts.
The official reportedly stated that WWE releases will be more of a regular occurrence going forward, but admitted they personally expect 2021 to be an anomaly with both the frequency and name value of talent let go.
It was previously reported that WWE plan to repackage NXT and reformat the show. A number of wrestlers from various promotions have commented on the recent NXT releases.
- Former WWE Star Banned From Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- WWE Sets Up Jey Uso Vs. Jimmy Uso For WrestleMania 40
- Former WWE Star Alleges Incident ‘Worse’ Than Recent Vince McMahon Lawsuit
- Cody Rhodes Breaks Silence After Bloodline Attack On WWE Raw
- Jade Cargill Pulled From Big WWE Match
- ‘Massive Issue’ Caused By New Policy For Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone AEW Debut Show
- Two NXT Stars Spotted At WWE Raw
- WWE Name Change For Former AEW Star
- Untelevised Footage Of CM Punk Comments After WWE Raw Went Off Air
- WWE Star Returns After Three Month Absence