Fightful Select (subscription required) has reported that a WWE official has confirmed that WWE releases are going to become more of a regular occurrence.
The report noted that the (unnamed) WWE official Fightful spoke to claimed that people within WWE thought there were honest intentions behind the company’s “talent stashing” phase in 2018.
There were reportedly pitches involving collecting talent, establishing international Performance Centers and filling the facilities with native and international performers. Plans and pitches reportedly came to a halt once the pandemic became a big issue.
The report also stated that the official expressed frustration, following the recent cuts. When asked who was responsible for the releases, the official reportedly noted that the calls were a collaborative effort, but pointed out that Vince McMahon could have personally stopped any of the cuts.
The official reportedly stated that WWE releases will be more of a regular occurrence going forward, but admitted they personally expect 2021 to be an anomaly with both the frequency and name value of talent let go.
It was previously reported that WWE plan to repackage NXT and reformat the show. A number of wrestlers from various promotions have commented on the recent NXT releases.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Alexa Bliss Undergoes Skin Cancer Treatment
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- News On Which Night Some WrestleMania Matches Are Set For
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39