It is being reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that WWE talents tried to spread a false story involving AEW and its Founder, President and CEO, Tony Khan.
Dave Meltzer writes that while in Tokyo for Wrestle Kingdom 14, he was interviewed for an international wrestling documentary.
The interviewer had reportedly interviewed several WWE talents, who had apparently told him that Tony Khan and AEW had been buying tickets to the promotion’s events in order to make it seem as if they had been selling out quicker than they actually were.
As per the Observer, this claim is false and was propagated by either the WWE talents themselves, or by higher-ups in the company.
This coming Wednesday’s episode of Dynamite will be the Bash at the Beach special, and will include major matches such as Darby Allin vs. Pac, Sammy Guevara vs. Jon Moxley, and a mega tag team title number one contender’s bout.
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism