After the recent AEW touring schedule announcement, a new report has revealed that WWE plan to host live shows in July.
Earlier this week, AEW announced that they plan to be back on the road by July 7. If a recent report is to be believed, AEW will resume their touring schedule just over a week before WWE plans to.
Andrew Zarian, who was the first to report that NXT was moving onto Tuesday nights, has reported that WWE plan to host live events from July 16. On Mat Men Pro Wrestling Podcast, Zarian noted that he had heard that fans will be welcomed back between July 16-19.
A segment of the report was posted to Twitter:
From Today's Show!
— Mat Men Pro Wrestling ?️odcast ? (@Matmenpodcast) May 13, 2021
Not much is known in terms of potential venues, but WWE will reportedly have live fans in attendance for the July 16 episode of SmackDown.
A previous report had claimed that WWE were prepared to move their tour dates depending on AEW’s calendar. More recently, WrestleVotes stated that WWE would most-likely not be altering their plans to resume live shows in August.
It has also previously been noted that WWE wanted SummerSlam 2021 to kick off the company’s return to touring. A number of interesting venues are currently being considered to host The Biggest Party of the Summer.
- LIVE UPDATES: Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- Jon Moxley’s Diagnosis Revealed, Wasn’t Planned To Lose AEW International Championship At Dynamite Grand Slam
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 Set For Australia, Date & Location Confirmed
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- Major Spoiler For AEW Rampage Grand Slam 2023
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- New Member Of Don Callis Family Revealed At AEW Dynamite Grand Slam