It was reported yesterday that Vince McMahon had told WWE talent to stop using third-party platforms like Twitch and Cameo. Talent were reportedly told if they didn’t stop by next month, they’d face fines, suspensions or even termination.
Many have speculated that it was AJ Styles’ recent stream that caused this decision. This came after he revealed he tested positive for COVID on Twitch this week. However, it is being reported that it was actually something a Raw star did that tipped Vince over the edge.
According to Dave Meltzer on the Wrestling Observer forum, it was actually Lana (real name CJ Perry) promoting an energy drink on her Instagram last week which tipped Vince over the edge and caused him to ask talent to stop using third-party platforms:
“The straw that broke the camel’s back was CJ Perry’s Bang Energy drink commercials.”
You can check out one of Lana’s promotional posts for the Bang Energy drink on Instagram below:
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Cody Rhodes Reveals Special WrestleMania 39 T-Shirt
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Top WWE Star Hopes To Work With AEW Star On Screen
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match
- AEW Star Says Chad Gable Is The ‘Most Underrated Wrestler In The World’
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts