This week on WWE Backstage, Ryan Satin confirmed as part of The Satin Sheet that Rob Gronkowski was in advanced talks with WWE about joining the company. This comes after “The Gronk” made his first WWE appearance at WrestleMania 33 in 2017.
It was later reported by The Wrap that Gronkowski has actually agreed to a deal with WWE to join the company. It is believed that he will be working a Brock Lesnar-like schedule.
Mojo Rawley then confirmed on this week’s episode of SmackDown that on the 03/15 show, Gronk will make his first appearance since signing. The show is also expected to air from the Performance Center due to the Coronavirus outbreak,
Speaking in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer has revealed that WWE wanted Rob Gronkowski to have a Ronda Rousey-like debut.
We were told that statement was similar to when WWE was talking about being in talks with Ronda Rousey, but denying any deal because they wanted to do a surprise at Royal Rumble, even though Rousey had already been training for months.
The Gronk will reportedly be involved in this year’s WrestleMania in a non-wrestling capacity. However, perhaps if the show is postponed until later on in the year due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Gronk would have had the time to train for a match.
For the latest on WWE’s plans for the NFL legend, make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023