The Domino’s Pizza vs All Elite Wrestling saga has been the talk of the wrestling world since Wednesday’s Nick Gage vs Chris Jericho Deathmatch on Fight For The Fallen.
According to David Bixenspan, a reporter from a mainstream publication claimed that WWE contacted all of AEW’s sponsors after the main event, encouraging them to write an article on the situation.
A Tweet from Twitter user Voices of Wrestling also reported this claim, stating:
I don’t know about that, but they have been calling journalists in hopes the story picks up steam. So far, it hasn’t. Nor has any advertiser (including Dominos) pulled any money off the table as far as we know. Sure feels like all of this will amount to nothing.
Dave Meltzer appeared to heavily imply the rumour in the Wrestling Observer this week, saying:
“There was a concerted campaign to contact sponsors but at press time Domino’s was the only one that has reacted to the match”
Of course this is all hear-say, and there is no official confirmation that WWE had any involvement in the saga.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning