Reports on restrictions around the Shinsuke Nakamura ‘forbidden door’ match against the Great Muta have emerged.
On October 30, it was announced that WWE’s Shinsuke Nakamura will be heading to Pro Wrestling NOAH to face the Great Muta at the NOAH The New Year show on January 1, 2023. Nakamura himself described the match as a ‘miracle.’
Even though WWE’s Forbidden Door is seemingly open, Dave Meltzer has reported in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that there are restrictions surrounding the event.
“There are restrictions made regarding NOAH promoting the event outside Japan and in English. NOAH is allowed to do the promo video and match graphic which was released, and press releases with his name in it, but there are other restrictions in place including not being allowed to mention WWE anywhere else.”
The upcoming match is a part of the Great Muta’s ongoing retirement tour that will also see him reunite with Sting, who is currently signed to AEW.
As previously reported, WWE originally turned down Pro Wrestling NOAH’s request for Shinsuke Nakamura, but a deal was eventually negotiated with the new WWE regime.
Shinsuke Nakamura is not far off the mark when he describes the booking as a miracle.
The talent involved crossed promotional boundaries, and so clear communication is a must between the promotions involved to ensure any objections are swiftly addressed.
This latest update suggests one workaround that has been negotiated in terms of promotions sharing the same space as WWE’s Nakamura crosses the threshold of the ‘forbidden door.’
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Jerry Lawler Hospitalized After Medical Episode
- WWE Hall Of Famer Announces In-Ring Retirement
- Shocking WWE Tag Team Split
- WWE Announces Date & Location For SummerSlam 2023
- NXT Women’s Champion Roxanne Perez Announces Mystery Partner Is…
- Popular AEW Star Calls MJF ‘A Real Piece Of S**t’
- NXT Star References Recent Twitter Beef With Main Roster WWE Star On TV
- AEW Star Calls Tony Khan ‘The Best Boss I’ve Ever Worked For’
- WWE Raw Viewership & Demo Rating Decrease For February 6 Episode
- Former NXT Star’s AEW Debut Announced Amid WWE Return Rumors