After persistent rumors and reports regarding their WWE futures, the Revival captured the Raw Tag Team Championships this past Monday by winning an excellent bout against former champions Chad Gable and Bobby Roode.
Now they’re the champions, they want to take their goal of restoring honor and tradition back to tag team wrestling to another level by bringing back some classic title belts.
Dash Wilder tweeted:
That particular design was used for the WWF/E Tag Team Championships from 1983-2002.
What’s more, is people seem to like the idea. A lot. Me included. Wilder has even changed his Twitter profile header to an image of the classic straps. They really are beautiful, and a massive step up from the silver penny things they use nowadays.
The Revival’s WWE future has been a topic of much discussion recently. They requested their releases a few weeks ago after a match against Lucha House Party, and have teased leaving for what seems like forever.
The duo’s contracts are up in April of next year, but will WWE’s revival of the tag division persuade them to stay? Probably not. But maybe.
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- Fascinating Details On ‘Real-Life Animosity’ Between John Cena & The Rock
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- AEW Star Kris Statlander Expected Out For 6-8 Months
- Eric Bischoff Says Tony Khan Is Booking AEW ‘Like A 14-Year-Old’
- Renee Paquette Recalls Vince McMahon Laughing At Her For Needing To Pee