After persistent rumors and reports regarding their WWE futures, the Revival captured the Raw Tag Team Championships this past Monday by winning an excellent bout against former champions Chad Gable and Bobby Roode.
Now they’re the champions, they want to take their goal of restoring honor and tradition back to tag team wrestling to another level by bringing back some classic title belts.
Dash Wilder tweeted:
That particular design was used for the WWF/E Tag Team Championships from 1983-2002.
What’s more, is people seem to like the idea. A lot. Me included. Wilder has even changed his Twitter profile header to an image of the classic straps. They really are beautiful, and a massive step up from the silver penny things they use nowadays.
The Revival’s WWE future has been a topic of much discussion recently. They requested their releases a few weeks ago after a match against Lucha House Party, and have teased leaving for what seems like forever.
The duo’s contracts are up in April of next year, but will WWE’s revival of the tag division persuade them to stay? Probably not. But maybe.
- AEW Star Signed To Full-Time Contract Confirmed
- CM Punk Vs. ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin WWE Plans Update
- CM Punk New Tattoo Revealed Following WWE Return
- WWE Announces Injury To Top Star
- WWE Star Makes Entrance With Legend At House Show
- Bryan Danielson Injury Update Ahead Of AEW In-Ring Return
- Jade Cargill & Another Absent Star Spotted In New Appearance For WWE
- ‘Frustrated’ Top Star Calls Out WWE
- WWE Star Unmasks & Swaps With Fan
- John Cena Reacts To Randy Orton WWE SmackDown Return