An update has emerged on Rey Fenix, and the injury he suffered during Wednesday’s (January 5) episode of AEW Dynamite.
During the AEW Tag Team Championship match between the Lucha Bros and Jurassic Express, Fenix seemingly broke his arm after receiving a chokeslam from Luchasaurus through a table at ringside.
As per PWInsider, Fenix was taken to hospital straight after the match. The belief was that Fenix dislocated his elbow.
Bryan Alvarez, who previously reported that Fenix was scheduled for an MRI, now reports that Fenix’s elbow was badly dislocated, and his arm was not broken. Alvarez noted that the MRI is still needed to check for ligament damage.
Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful confirmed Alvarez’ report, noting that everyone originally feared a break and surgery, but ultimately there was no fracture.
Shortly after the spot, Jungle Boy rolled up Penta El 0M to secure the victory, winning himself and Luchasaurus their first titles in AEW.
During the Rampage taping following Dynamite, Jake Atlas seemingly suffered a knee injury.
We will continue to provide updates on Rey Fenix and Jake Atlas as they become available.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Current NXT Star To Join WWE Main Roster Faction Soon?
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time