If you watched last week’s episode of AEW Rampage, you may have noticed Rey Fenix appeared to be hobbling at the end of the Lucha Bros vs. Private Party match.
According to an update from the Wrestling Observer, Fenix rolled his ankle during the match, but thankfully isn’t expected to miss any time.
The Observer wrote:
If you saw Fenix limping at the end of Rampage, he rolled his ankle and couldn’t put weight on it in the closing moments of the Penta & Fenix vs. Private Party match. The injury was nothing crazy, as he landed from a simple atomic drop. He seems to be okay because he wrestled on Friday (Rampage was taped Wednesday) in Tijuana and isn’t scheduled to miss any time.
It’s good to hear that Fenix, who has already missed several weeks of wrestling this year after suffering a horrible dislocated elbow, won’t be forced to miss any further shows.
If you want to keep up-to-date with all AEW injuries, you can use our AEW injury tracker, right here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- DNA Test Proves Wrestling Legend Is Not The Father Of Current Congresswoman
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- WWE Star Confirms Shoulder Injury