It seems like Rey Fenix probably won’t be on the card for AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door, as he’s been announced for a AAA show on the same day.
AAA has announced that Fenix is set to team with Arez to take on Johnny Cabellero (Johnny Elite/John Morrison) and Abismo Negro Jr on the June 26 show.
June 26 is of course the same day that Forbidden Door takes place, so unless Fenix is removed from the AAA show, it looks like he won’t make the card for the huge AEW x NJPW event.
Fenix returned earlier this month after suffering an arm injury suffered this past January, most recently losing out to Kyle O’Reilly in the Owen Hart Foundation tournament on Dynamite last week.
Despite his exit from the tournament, Fenix will be on the card for Double Or Nothing this coming Sunday, teaming with fellow Death Triangle members Penta Oscuro and Pac to take on the House of Black in a match that was originally planned for Revolution before his injury ruled him out.
? Atención ?
Te dejamos el cartel de la tercera edición del #CampeonatoShowcenter en Monterrey.
? 26 de Junio.
⌚️ 5 PM.
— Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (@luchalibreaaa) May 24, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Friday June 2, 2023
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him