It seems like Rey Fenix probably won’t be on the card for AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door, as he’s been announced for a AAA show on the same day.
AAA has announced that Fenix is set to team with Arez to take on Johnny Cabellero (Johnny Elite/John Morrison) and Abismo Negro Jr on the June 26 show.
June 26 is of course the same day that Forbidden Door takes place, so unless Fenix is removed from the AAA show, it looks like he won’t make the card for the huge AEW x NJPW event.
Fenix returned earlier this month after suffering an arm injury suffered this past January, most recently losing out to Kyle O’Reilly in the Owen Hart Foundation tournament on Dynamite last week.
Despite his exit from the tournament, Fenix will be on the card for Double Or Nothing this coming Sunday, teaming with fellow Death Triangle members Penta Oscuro and Pac to take on the House of Black in a match that was originally planned for Revolution before his injury ruled him out.
🚨 Atención 🚨
Te dejamos el cartel de la tercera edición del #CampeonatoShowcenter en Monterrey.
📅 26 de Junio.
⌚️ 5 PM.
— Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (@luchalibreaaa) May 24, 2022
- AEW X NJPW Live Results Forbidden Door
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Report: Several ‘Under The Radar’ AEW Agreements Have Expired
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- Huge Spoiler On Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Claudio Castagnoli Makes AEW Debut At Forbidden Door
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- Nature Of Jungle Boy Injury Revealed