The in-ring return date of AEW star Rey Fenix has potentially been revealed, amid the luchador’s wrestling hiatus.
Fenix last wrestled at the April 7 Battle of the Belts VI taping, teaming with Penta El Zero Miedo to defend the ROH Tag Team Championship against Powerhouse Hobbs & Q. T. Marshall.
It was previously reported that Rey Fenix was hurting after the match and the decision was made to give him time off to rest.
While there has been no word Fenix’ specific injury, a source was of the belief it may be his hip.
It appears that Fenix is expecting to return to the ring next month, with the luchador currently advertised to face Gringo Loco in an ‘uno mas’ one night only return to AAW on May 6.
While it is possible that the match will be pulled from the card ahead of then, this appears to be Fenix’ next match.
The Lucha Brothers won the ROH Tag Team Championship at ROH Supercard Of Honor XVI on March 31, winning a ladder match to claim the vacant title.
We wish Fenix a safe and healthy recovery.
Stay up to date with AEW injury updates using our tracker right here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- SmackDown Star Says He Got Over Without WWE Shoving Him Down Fans’ Throats
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- AEW Star Becoming ‘More Important’ On Creative Team, Recent Contributions Revealed
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed