It looks like Rey Mysterio will follow the example set by the Hardy Boyz by relinquishing his title a week after winning it due to an injury.
It was confirmed on last night’s episode of WWE Raw that Rey Mysterio had suffered a separated shoulder during his match at Money in the Bank with Samoa Joe. If you think about it, it’s pretty impressive that Joe managed to break his nose and Rey managed to separate his shoulder in about 5 minutes of wrestling.
The match was full of controversy, with Joe’s shoulder being about a foot off the ground when the pin was counted.
On last night’s Raw, Joe cut a promo saying his shoulder was clearly up, and that he would allow Rey to do the right thing next week and hand the title back to him.
— WWE (@WWE) May 21, 2019
This will likely be a way of bringing Rey’s son Dominick further into the story, as he now has a chance to step more into the spotlight. Dominick is a trained wrestler, and so it’s not out of the realms of possibility that we could see him take on Joe in the near future.
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Discussions For Shocking Star To Be Undertaker’s Son In WWE
- Seth Rollins Pays Tribute To Brodie Lee At WWE Live Event In Rochester (Video)
- Huge Update On William Regal WWE Return
- Kurt Angle Reveals Major WWE Star Wanted To Join TNA
- Triple H Was ‘Very Unhappy’ With Popular Star’s WWE Release
- Here Is When Tegan Nox’s WWE Return Was Finalised
- Major Celebrity Says ‘Lets Do It’ To WWE Match Against The Paul Brothers
- AEW Star Recalls Heartwarming ‘WrestleMania Moment’ With Kevin Owens
- Edge Heaps Praise On Three Top AEW Stars