Here is the latest update regarding the WWE contract of Rey Mysterio after he signed with the company back in September of 2018.
When Mysterio initially signed, the deal was for two years, but he had an optional clause that would allow him the ability to leave after just 18 months if he so desired.
WrestlingNews.co reports that Mysterio has not opted to activate that clause, and so his current deal will run for the two years and expire around September.
The report adds that WWE has opened talks with Mysterio but the parties are yet to agree on a new deal as of right now.
Of course, if Mysterio doesn’t sign a new deal with WWE he’d be free to work elsewhere after the deal expires. He wrestled on the ALL IN show just before fully returning to WWE in 2018.
Stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for further updates on Mysterio and all your other favourite wrestling stars.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Carmelo Hayes Teases Joining Returning Faction On SmackDown
- Update On How Many Returns Triple H Has Planned
- Drew McIntyre Teases Huge Change For Clash At The Castle
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Here’s Who Pitched For Goldberg To Squash Brock Lesnar At Survivor Series 2016
- Zoey Stark Worked As Backstage Producer While Out With Injury
- AEW & NWA Relationship Reportedly ‘Fine’ After Comments From Tony Khan & Billy Corgan
- Former WWE Writer Recalls Stephanie McMahon Reaction To Finding Out He Was A Wrestling Fan