With Vince McMahon announcing his retirement from WWE, many people on the WWE roster are reportedly optimistic about the future of the company.
Many current and former top stars in the company have commented on McMahon’s departure, including former WWE Champion Rey Mysterio, who recently celebrated his 20-year WWE anniversary.
Rey spoke at the 2022 Leagues Cup Showcase, where he was asked about Vince’s exit from WWE. Rey said that everyone is still in denial that he’s not around, but they need to keep the show going.
“None of us expected it. We still are in denial that he’s no longer there, but it is reality and we have to accept it. So we move on, we keep the show up and running.”
Former Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch also spoke about McMahon’s departure, claiming it was the ‘start of a new age’ in WWE.
transcription via Fightful
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned