WWE Women’s World Champion Rhea Ripley paid homage to Hall of Famer Chyna with her look at Payback 2023.
Ripley defended her gold against Raquel Rodriguez at the September 2 premium live event, another powerhouse of the women’s division.
While both stars have previously been compared to the Ninth Wonder of the World, aspects of Ripley’s career especially reminds fans of the late star, with Ripley often holding her own against male wrestlers.
It has now been pointed out that Ripley’s attire for Payback paid tribute to Chyna’s gear.
You can view a photo of Ripley’s gear next to the late star below.
Ripley ultimately walked out of Payback with her gold, capitalising on a distracted Raquel Rodriguez following interference from Dominik Mysterio.
Rodriguez has now reacted to her loss, which you can read more about right here.
The Judgment Day had a great night at Payback, with Finn Balor and Damian Priest also winning the WWE Tag Team Championship.
This title win put Balor in a very elite group of WWE stars, which you can read more about at this link.
— Wrestling News (@WrestlingNewsCo) September 3, 2023
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- WWE SmackDown Star Returns To TV