While speaking with Ryan Satin on the Out of Character podcast, Raw Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley has opened up about the confidence issues she deals with on a daily basis.
Ripley explained that she actually becomes more confident when she’s in the ring, and it’s her interactions outside of wrestling that give her confidence issues.
“My confidence is not huge in my everyday life, because I’m a really shy person and I’m not really good at keeping a conversation and being a larger than life person. When I’m in the ring, that is where I get my confidence and where I get to be Rhea Ripley, but still myself, which is weird to say out loud.
“It doesn’t make sense but then it does when you’re there doing it. I want to be myself, as in Rhea Ripley, but I want to have that confidence so that everyone else seems to have all the time. I’m working on it.”
Rhea Ripley is set to defend her Raw Women’s Championship next weekend at WrestleMania Backlash in a three-way match against Charlotte Flair and Asuka.
Thanks to Ringside News for the transcription.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Revealed: Will Vince McMahon Be At WrestleMania 39
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- Confirmation Of Big Change For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major Name To Return To WWE When Company Is Sold?
- Shock Return & Heel Turn On AEW Dynamite
- Tony Khan To Retire Championship Belt Design
- AEW All Access Reveals Young Bucks Considered Retirement After All Out