WWE Royal Rumble 2023 winner Rhea Ripley has revealed that she’d be interested in challenging for the Intercontinental Championship.
With Ripley recently dominating stars in both the women’s and men’s divisions, some fans have pointed out similarities between the Judgment Day member and the Ninth Wonder of the World Chyna.
Speaking with BT Sport, Ripley revealed that Kofi Kingston has pitched for her to also get a shot at the Intercontinental Title.
Discussing comparisons between herself and Chyna, Ripley said:
“I think it’s cool. I want people to keep saying that. I know Kofi (Kingston) said that he wants to see me go for the IC (Intercontinental) Title. I’m so down for it.
“I love being compared to Chyna. I know I get a lot of hate, which at the same time is weird, but I understand where it’s coming from where like, ‘You can’t be the next Chyna!’ Yeah, I know. I can’t be the next Chyna.
“She was absolutely amazing, and she was herself, and she was unique to her, but I’m the first Rhea Ripley.
“If I can get somewhat compared to her, like I’m doing something right, but I’m also going to be doing it in my own special way sort of tweaking way, but I love to see it.”
The Intercontinental Title is currently around the waist of SmackDown star GUNTHER. The Ring General also entered his respective Rumble in the #1 spot, but was eliminated by Cody Rhodes in the closing moments of the bout.
After winning her Rumble, Ripley revealed that she actually dislocated her knee during the match.
Transcription via WrestlingNews.co.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm