Raw star Rhea Ripley has addressed fan criticisms of booking surrounding the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship.
At WrestleMania 38, Ripley & Liv Morgan will do battle with Sasha Banks & Naomi and Champions Carmella & Queen Zelina for the tag title.
Speaking on Under The Ring, Ripley noted that she believes that it’s very important that this match makes the main WrestleMania card.
Passionate about tag team wrestling, Ripley said:
“The Women’s Tag Team Championships, they sort of get looked down upon by a lot of people, I see it on social media all the time.
“I get it, we don’t really get good positions on the show and a lot of matches are very very quick, so it’s important to put it on WrestleMania and remind everyone exactly what we can do and how much these titles do truly mean.
“I love the tag titles, I love tag wrestling, I love everything about it. We just have to remind everyone how much they love it as well. That’s what we’re trying to do.”
Ripley previously held the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship with Nikki ASH.
Transcription via Fightful.
- AEW Star Has Very Awkward Encounter With CM Punk T-Shirt
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- WWE Announces New Commentary Teams For Raw, SmackDown & NXT
- WWE Raw Name Gone From WWE
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Tony Khan Spoke To WWE Management After Infamous Promo
- Former WWE Tough Enough Winner Sara Lee Passes Away
- Spoiler On Return Set For WWE SmackDown
- Spoiler On Suspended AEW Star’s Return
- Tony Khan Addresses WWE Signing AEW Dark Talent