WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair has shared his honest thoughts on Andrade El Idolo’s AEW run so far, arguing that the company hasn’t used him properly.
The former WWE NXT Champion made his AEW debut on the June 4, 2021 edition of Dynamite.
While El Idolo has had several rivalries and numerous great matches since then, some have argued that he has never been pushed to the level that he deserves.
Speaking on his ‘To Be A Man’ podcast, Ric Flair discussed Andrade’s AEW booking, noting:
“I like the stuff with Matt Hardy, but I don’t think that they use him properly, myself, but I’m going to be, obviously, biased.
“I think he’s a much better singles performer than he is in tag matches. It’s to be determined. I know that’s a very sensitive tear. It was a bad tear, so he’s going to be out for a while with it.”
Ric Flair is notably Andrade’s father-in-law, following Andrade marrying Charlotte Flair earlier this year.
He last wrestled at the September 4 All Out pay-per-view, competing in the Casino Ladder Match.
The former WWE star recently confirmed that he has underwent major surgery to fix a torn pectoral muscle injury.
Transcription via WrestlingNews.co.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Intense Dispute As WWE Star Calls Another’s Gimmick ‘Stale’ After Being Accused Of Copying Catchphrase
- Photo: Matt Riddle Shows Off New Look Amid WWE Return Rumors
- WWE Star Confirms Departure From The Company?
- WWE Star Urges Fans To Stop Complaining, Says He’s ‘Content’ With ‘Silly’ Gimmick
- Real Reason For ‘Last Minute’ Change To Ronda Rousey Title Plans
- Top WWE Raw Star To Make NXT Return On February 7 Episode
- Top Star Compares WWE To Succession TV Series
- Backstage Reaction To AEW House Shows
- Booker T Calls Current Star’s Performance “Oscar-Worthy”
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Breaks Character To Cosplay As Danhausen On Jericho Cruise