Wrestling legend Ric Flair was recently released by WWE, and the Twitter rumour mill has begun churning out suggestions that his daughter, current Raw Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair, could be following him out of the company.
Speaking to Renee Young on her Oral Sessions podcast, Ric vehemently denied any suggestions that Charlotte is planning to leave WWE.
“Everybody wants to start some s**t that didn’t exist. “Ashley [Charlotte Flair] would never leave there. She’s the happiest she’s ever been, and obviously, they’re not mad at me [otherwise Charlotte wouldn’t have won her 12th title], I was so excited. I didn’t know. I was so excited for her, and it’s the first one I missed.”
Ric also discussed criticism that Charlotte often receives on Twitter from fans who feels she is booked too strong by WWE. He wants her to focus purely on WWE, and not to listen to fans.
“It’s the worst part of social media. Absolutely not true. I try to tell her: If Renee knows, Dean [Jon Moxley] knows, Roman [Reigns] knows, and I know, and Vince [McMahon] knows, then why do you care what the mark’s think?”
You can listen to the full podcast right here.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- X-Pac Believes Logan Paul Could Be WWE Champion Material