Ric Flair has commented on his foot injury, ahead of the Ric Flair’s Last Match event.
Speaking with Busted Open Radio, Flair revealed that he has plantar fasciitis heading into his retirement bout.
Noting that he has had to change up how he trains to ensure he’ll be okay come July 31, Flair said:
“I have plantar fasciitis in the bottom of my foot. Other than that, I am perfect. That damn thing is sore as shit. I’m at the doctor right now. They are gonna start injecting me with stuff.
(When asked if the injury will cause affect the match) “I would just deaden it if I have to. You know me. It affects me daily. It’s hard running the ropes with the center of your foot…the middle of your foot is so sensitive. I’ve been training hard, doing two-a-days.”
During the event, Flair will team with Andrade El Idolo to face Jay Lethal & WWE’s Jeff Jarrett.
Flair noted that he’s “happier it’s a tag. I can hide myself a little more (laughs).”
The real reason why Jarrett is able to wrestle this match, despite being the WWE Senior Vice President of Live Events has been revealed.
Transcription via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations