WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair has provided an update on his health ahead of his wrestling return.
Flair will step between the ropes one last time on July 31 for ‘Ric Flair’s Last Match’.
Speaking with TMZ Sports, Flair acknowledged that he won’t ever be 100% again.
Noting that he has consulted 40 different doctors ahead of the bout, Flair said:
“I don’t have any aches or pains. I know I’ve had the health issues, but I asked 40 different doctors, and I decided I’m only gonna listen to one. Not necessarily the one that was gonna give me the right answer, but that I felt the most comfortable with.
“I’ll never run at 100% again. But, I’ll be running at 80, 85%.”
Flair recently revealed that the recent in-ring returns of Stone Cold Steve Austin and Vince McMahon at WrestleMania 38 inspired him to pursue his own return to the ring.
Ahead of July 31, Flair will make appearances at Starrcast V for a Four Horsemen reunion, and The Roast of Ric Flair.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match
- WWE Star To Make In-Ring Debut Soon