WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair has now recalled the most humiliating moment of his wrestling career, and life.
Over the course of Flair’s storied career, the wrestling veteran has had his fair share of not-so-great angles.
On his To Be The Man podcast, Flair recalled his stint as the Black Scorpion in WCW.
Sharing his honest thoughts on the gimmick, Flair said:
“I did have the ability to make the call. I took one for the team.
“Do you think I like laying underneath that ring in St. Louis? A building that I sold out no less than 30 times as the NWA Champion?”
“That was the most humiliating thing I’ve ever been through in my life, and with how I conducted myself afterward. But I’m never the s**ts.”
The Black Scorpion was unmasked at WCW Starrcade 1990, and Flair has not wrestled as the character since.
Flair wrestled his last match in July, teaming with Andrade El Idolo to defeat Jeff Jarrett & Jay Lethal.
The Hall of Famer recently stated that he believes that he could wrestle a better retirement bout now.
Transcription via SEScoops.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Report: WWE/Saudi Arabia Relationship ‘Absolutely A Factor’ In Sami Zayn Plans
- VIDEO: AEW Entrance Theme Plays At Royal Rumble Event
- Spoiler For Entrant #1 In Royal Rumble Match Revealed?
- Top WWE Star Becomes Top Merchandise Seller At Royal Rumble Superstore
- Spoiler On NXT Star Brought In For WWE Royal Rumble
- Top WWE Star Declares For The Men’s Royal Rumble Match
- Big Change To The SmackDown Tag Title Contenders Tournament
- Top WWE Star Calls CM Punk ‘A Cancer’, Tells Him ‘Go Do Something Else’
- Find Out What Happened In The Kevin Owens Vs. Solo Sikoa Main Event On SmackDown
- Another Potential Spoiler For Royal Rumble Return