WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair has stated that he will never retire following his recent comments about a potential wrestling return.
Flair notably stepped back into the ring for a retirement match on July 31, teaming with Andrade El Idolo to defeat Jeff Jarrett & Jay Lethal.
Despite the event literally being called ‘Ric Flair’s Last Match’, the wrestling veteran recently revealed that he has started training again, noting that Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat’s upcoming return makes him want to wrestle again.
On Twitter, Flair shared a photo of himself, 50 years on from his in-ring debut in 1972.
Flair captioned the post:
Thank You To Everyone Who Helped Me Celebrate My 50 Years In The Business! One Thing Is For Certain… I WILL NEVER RETIRE! WOOOOO! #50YearsOfFlair
Ricky Steamboat will return to the ring for Big Time Wrestling on November 27 in the Dorton Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina. Prior to Ric Flair’s Last Match, it had been rumored that Steamboat would be part of Flair’s retirement bout, however this ultimately didn’t happen.
You can read Flair’s comments on his former rival’s wrestling comeback right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Update On Jey Uso’s WWE Status Following Raw Switch
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Former World Champion Confirms He’ll Be A Free Agent On September 30
- Incredible IYO SKY Vs. Asuka WWE SmackDown Viewership Figure Revealed
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- AEW Star Says He ‘Just Walked Away’ From Faction
- Update On WWE Faction Splitting
- Latest On WWE International Expansion
- Top AEW Star Recalls Insane Vince McMahon Script Change During A Live TV Taping
- Notable Name’s Planned WWE Tryout Was Cancelled