An unfortunate injury struck during the first match of WrestleMania 38 Saturday, when Rick Boogs suffered a Torn Quad in the SmackDown Tag Team Championship match.
Boogs’ knee buckled during a Samoan Drop spot with both Usos, with him needing to be carried out after the match, and the match being cut short.
PWInsider has noted that Boogs underwent successful surgery for the injury in Birmingham, Alabama earlier this week, and is set to leave Birmingham this week to return home to begin rehabbing the injury.
We wish Boogs a full and complete recovery from his injury.
For a full list of currently injured WWE stars, click here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return