WWE Hall of Famers Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson, the Rock ‘N’ Roll Express, have made multiple appearances for All Elite Wrestling in the past, most recently being left laying with Piledrivers from FTR.
Ricky Morton recently spoke on the Wrestle Buddy podcast, where he spoke about a potential return to AEW. Morton noted that the door is always open, and that he and Gibson have their eyes set on FTR.
“The doors are always open. I know on the independent circuit Robert and I are fixing to wrestle FTR. I did a little thing on air where I slapped Tully Blanchard and remember they pile-drived me. They did this, but they didn’t take it nowhere else (with us).”
Morton continued on, where he said that he’s a big fan of AEW giving wrestlers another viable place to work. He said:
“Any wrestling business that opens up, I love it, because it’s for the boys. The boys have more places to work. I’m here, I’m on the independent circuit. I’m fixing to fly to the very tip corner of Maine to wrestle this weekend. It’s all-new guys there that I’ve never seen. When AEW first opened up, I thought it was the greatest thing in the world.”
transcription via WrestlingInc
- Latest On Kevin Owens Following Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- X-Pac Believes Logan Paul Could Be WWE Champion Material
- Danhausen Shares Photo With Sasha Banks From Recent Public Appearance
- Jamie Hayter Suffers Broken Nose During AEW Battle Of The Belts III