WWE Hall of Famers Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson, the Rock ‘N’ Roll Express, have made multiple appearances for All Elite Wrestling in the past, most recently being left laying with Piledrivers from FTR.
Ricky Morton recently spoke on the Wrestle Buddy podcast, where he spoke about a potential return to AEW. Morton noted that the door is always open, and that he and Gibson have their eyes set on FTR.
“The doors are always open. I know on the independent circuit Robert and I are fixing to wrestle FTR. I did a little thing on air where I slapped Tully Blanchard and remember they pile-drived me. They did this, but they didn’t take it nowhere else (with us).”
Morton continued on, where he said that he’s a big fan of AEW giving wrestlers another viable place to work. He said:
“Any wrestling business that opens up, I love it, because it’s for the boys. The boys have more places to work. I’m here, I’m on the independent circuit. I’m fixing to fly to the very tip corner of Maine to wrestle this weekend. It’s all-new guys there that I’ve never seen. When AEW first opened up, I thought it was the greatest thing in the world.”
transcription via WrestlingInc
- AEW Star Turns Babyface
- Triple H Reveals Reaction To Cody Rhodes ‘Smashing The Throne’ In AEW
- WWE Star Never Wrestling Full-Time Again
- WWE Name Expected To Join AEW Because Of Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone
- Upcoming AEW Show To Go Head-To-Head With WWE WrestleMania 40
- Higher-Ups ‘Very Impressed’ By Australia WWE Tryouts Ahead Of Elimination Chamber
- WWE Interested In Working With Major Celebrity For WrestleMania 40
- CM Punk Injury Referenced By AEW Star On Dynamite
- More Matches Announced For AEW Revolution 2024
- The Rock Sends Message To Cody Rhodes & His ‘Little Girlfriend’ Seth Rollins Ahead Of WWE Elimination Chamber