AEW’s use of licensed music has reaped benefits for wrestlers and fans alike and one AEW wrestler is hoping to make use of a Kanye West track.
Now, Ricky Starks is hoping to make a music request into a reality.
During an appearance on the Watching The Throne podcast, Starks laid out his goal, saying:
“My goal is to get the rights to play Touch The Sky at least once for one of my matches.
“That’s the goal.
“I’m putting it out there.
“I’m manifesting this happening.
“That’s what I want out of this whole thing.
“The day that I get that, I’m pretty much going to set Twitter on fire.”
He would say of his use of the theme on the independent circuit:
“That came from the fact that, I had to watch the music video again.
“I heard the song in a movie and I had never thought to think of it in that type of light.
“I ended up using it as my theme song and it kind of took off from there in terms, I’ll meet other Kanye West fans and I’ll tell them my entrance and they immediately start singing Touch The Sky.
“It’s real stadium music.”
Tony Khan has clearly recognized the importance of licensed music as a touchstone for the fanbase.
Among the AEW wrestlers who use licensed tracks, we’ve Baltimora’s Tarzan Boy becoming the theme for Jungle Boy Jack Perry, Action Bronson’s The Chairman’s Intent being the theme to HOOK and X’s cover of Wild Thing signalling the arrival of Jon Moxley.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- Report: Worrying Lack Of Fan Interest In WWE Survivor Series WarGames
- The Undertaker Says Current WWE Star Has ‘Never Been A Bigger Star’
- Shocking End To MJF’s First Appearance As AEW World Champion
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW
- Injured AEW Star Returning Soon?
- Another Current Champion In WWE Reaches Impressive Milestone
- Huge Update On William Regal Joining WWE
- WWE Hall Of Famer Explains Why He Respects Vince McMahon ‘Now More Than Ever’
- Huge Return Kicks Off AEW Dynamite