Team Taz member and FTW Champion Ricky Starks told WrestleTalk he believes he’ll be the next ‘breakout star’ in AEW.
During an appearance on the WrestleTalk Podcast, he said:
“I do see myself as the next to step up, I’m just being frank with you. There’s a lot of times where guys complain about their position and things like that, and they haven’t really made sure that they’ve tidied up other areas of their department that should have been tidied up a long time ago.
“But for me, I do feel like when I look at everything, after coming back from the neck injury, making sure that I’m in good shape, making sure that I’m mentally in good shape, promos, the in-ring stuff, all of that, I do feel like that I am the next one to step up.
“If not me, then I would definitely say someone like Sammy (Guevara). But, yeah, to answer that as bluntly as I can, it definitely would be (me).”
If you use this exclusive quote or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Also during his appearance on our podcast, Ricky Starks said he has permanently replaced Mark Henry on the Rampage commentary team, explained why he sees himself as an ‘AEW homegrown’ talent, and discussed the rising popularity of Hook. He also spoke about the high morale in the AEW locker room right now.
You can watch the full interview here:
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- MLW Star Richard Holliday Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- AEW Star Says John Laurinaitis ‘Deserves His Misery’
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- Tony Khan Responds To Criticism Of AEW’s Introduction Of New Wrestlers
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw
- Big News About Future NXT Premium Live Events
- Kenny Omega Reacts To The Usos Being Voted PWI’s Top Tag Team