At Super ShowDown last month, Ricochet lost a WWE Championship match to Brock Lesnar in pretty convincing fashion. Many fans were unhappy with how little offence Ricochet managed to get in.
Many were hoping Ricochet would start to gain some momentum back a few days later on Raw. However, the former United States Champion lost in a 24/7 Championship match to Raw newcomer Riddick Moss.
As if that wasn’t bad enough, Ricochet wasn’t even booked to appear on Raw last night. The former NXT star wrestled Eric Young prior to the show on a main event TV taping. Someone of Ricochet’s calibre certainly deserves more.
Despite being a favourite of Executive Director Paul Heyman, Ricochet has reportedly not won over Vince McMahon. It has been reported that Vince is actively trying to bury the highflyer.
Speaking to WJLA, Ricochet revealed that he’d love to go back to NXT if the company allowed him too:
“For sure that’s a place I’d love to go. I call it home for me. It was a place I enjoyed thoroughly when I was being there and now that they have more exposure on the USA Network every Wednesday I think that’s huge too. So, for me, for sure. Any time they need a hand from me I’ll be there no problem.”
There is no word on if WWE is considering moving the former NXT North American Champion back to the black and gold brand. For the latest on this story, stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Seth Rollins On WWE World Heavyweight Championship: ‘We’re Not Naïve’
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer