Ricochet captured his first WWE Intercontinental Championship on last night’s (March 4) episode of SmackDown, when he dethroned Sami Zayn.
Ricochet’s championship victory has earned him an impressive milestone in WWE, as he becomes the first person to capture the NXT North American, United States and Intercontinental Championships.
Ricochet spoke to WWE after his victory about what the win means to him, and how he hopes to improve the stock of the Intercontinental Championship.
“The Intercontinental and United States Championships were both two of my favorite championships growing up just because the people that were in those divisions making those championships mean just as much as the World Heavyweight Championship, you know? Now, the Universal Championship. You know, I want to be that guy, I want to be that type of professional wrestler to make the Intercontinental Championship mean just as much as being the Universal Champion, as much as being the WWE Heavyweight Champion. I want this title to be — because it’s important to me, I want it to be important for everyone.”
You can find a list of every championship change in WWE of 2022 at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Top WWE Star Says Doctors ‘Aren’t Letting Them Compete’
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?
- CM Punk Shares Follow Up Message After Now-Deleted Instagram Story
- Rumor Killer On WWE Offering Insane Money To Internet Star
- AEW Pitching Creative For Star Rumoured To Be Leaving
- AEW Star Helped Produce Incredible Kenny Omega Vs. El Hijo Del Vikingo Dream Match
- El Hijo Del Vikingo Next Match Announced By Tony Khan
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since