AEW’s Bryan Danielson has revealed more details on a potential deal the promotion had to use The Final Countdown for his entrance.
Before WWE, Bryan Danielson would walk to the ring to Europe’s The Final Countdown. After Danielson debuted for AEW with a remixed theme, it was reported that rights for Danielson’s indie music were too expensive for AEW.
Speaking with Chris Mueller of Bleacher Report, Bryan Danielson revealed that AEW would’ve had to pay a six figure sum to be able to play the theme 20 times a year.
Also explaining how his current theme was produced, Danielson said:
“Tony and I talked about a couple of things. We had talked about ‘The Final Countdown,’ but that was way too expensive,” he said. “I hate talking business stuff when I don’t exactly know what it was, but it wasn’t just the amount of money. They would only let (AEW) play it like 20 times a year or something like that. For several $100,000 you can play ‘Final Countdown’ 20 times a year. That doesn’t work for us.
“I had kind of wanted something a bit different, so I reached out to my friend, Elliott Taylor, and said ‘Hey, here’s an idea. But I don’t know if it’s any good. Could you do something like this?’ He dropped everything. I think he’s done 72 hours in the studio and made the song that I come out to now, which I think he’s also going to do a full-length release because it actually has like two chorus lyrics.
“I really, really liked it. And it also incorporates a chant that people would do when I was on the independents. I kind of wanted to get it in there. I would love for people to start chanting it again.”
Danielson will wrestle AEW World Champion Kenny Omega on Wednesday’s Dynamite Grand Slam show. It will be Danielson’s first match since he challenged Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship in April.
- Naomi Removes WWE References From Twitter Bio
- Joey Janela Sets Foot On Fire In Horrifying GCW Botch (Video)
- CM Punk Trends Following Polarising Message To WWE Locker Room
- Paul Wight Reveals Impressive Move He Was Told Never To Perform In Ring Again
- Jon Moxley Set To Reunite Former Tag Team At Independent Show
- Video: NWA Stars Kamille & Thom Latimer Get Married
- Britt Baker Makes Surprise Appearance At AIW Gauntlet For The Gold
- William Regal Details His Reaction To NXT 2.0 Reboot
- Sting Files New Trademark For Iconic Nickname
- Tony Khan Reacts To Johnny Elite’s AEW Debut