When Tony Khan purchased Ring of Honor earlier this year, the company had gone on hiatus awaiting a potential relaunch.
This also led to ROH’s HonorClub service going on hiatus, with the company announcing back in July that they were planning to launch a rebooted version of the service.
ROH is set to hold it’s Final Battle pay-per-view this week, with the event being streamed live on Bleacher Report.
ROH announcer Ian Riccaboni took part in a virtual signing for K&S WrestleFest, where he teased that an announcement regarding a relaunched HonorClub service could be coming soon.
“A lot of folks ask me about Honor Club, that might be re-launching soon. There might be some news coming your way about that.”
Riccaboni was then asked if he believed ROH would get a television deal in 2023, to which he said:
“I think so. I don’t have any inside information, but I’m very hopeful because, if you look at the folks coming in, it’s very public that we have Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, Maria, they’re all signed. Brian Cage is with Ring of Honor. Samoa Joe has the TV belt, Jericho with the world title, FTR with the tag titles, Mercedes with the women’s title.
“If you look at where the chips are being positioned, Bandido and RUSH getting signed. Shane Taylor with a big chance at Final Battle. There are all these folks who were with the last era of Ring of Honor that are suddenly in the AEW fold. I don’t think there’s any reason why there wouldn’t be an appetite for Ring of Honor broadcast, especially as you see the army that’s being built that has Ring of Honor ties.”
ROH is set to hold its final pay-per-view event of 2022, Final Battle, on December 10.
transcription via Fightful
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Sami Zayn Vs. Roman Reigns Plans Revealed After Royal Rumble
- Video: What Happened With Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens After WWE Royal Rumble?
- WWE Bringing Back Classic Title Belt Design?
- SPOILER: WWE Star Set For Return On Tonight’s January 30 Raw
- Update On Kenny Omega’s Health
- Where Was The Rock During WWE Royal Rumble?
- Former Women’s Champion ‘So Down’ For Intercontinental Title Shot
- Photo: WWE Star Shows Off Gruesome Royal Rumble Injury
- AEW Star Reacts To WWE Royal Rumble Backstage Photo
- Sami Zayn Discusses Triple H Contributions To Bloodline Storyline