‘Road Dogg’ Brian James was recently released from WWE where he was working in a backstage capacity at NXT but it seems is open to all future endeavors.
After having re-activated his Twitter account, James responded to a fan who inquired about whether or not we may see him join his former tag-team partner, Billy Gunn in AEW as a producer saying:
This light bill ain’t gonna pay itself!
— Brian G. James (@BrianRDJames) January 7, 2022
James previously worked as a writer on Smackdown until 2019, transitioning to a producer role in NXT and later serving as a coach and mentor, reportedly leading developmental talent in classes on character development and cutting promos.
It currently remains unknown whether or not the recently released Samoa Joe, William Regal, or Road Dogg are subject to any non-compete clauses that would prevent them from appearing for other promotions given their dual roles of previously being on-screen but primarily functioning backstage prior to their releases.
Road Dogg was a 2019 inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame alongside New Age Outlaws tag-parner Billy Gunn and stablemates Shawn Michaels, Triple H, X-Pac, and the late Chyna from the popular 90s faction Degeneration-X.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Big News On What Vince McMahon Was Doing At WrestleMania 39
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Capture Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- Tony Khan Says Former WWE Star In ROH Is ‘Never Going To Happen’
- WWE Star Thinks Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Situation Is ‘Inexcusable’