Roderick Strong will face Bobby Fish on NXT this week but he doesn’t think Fish is a match for him.
Speaking to Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful, Strong said that he does not think Bobby Fish is the same competitor he once was. He said:
“I’m ready to get it over with, honestly. It’s one of those things where I have faced him before and I know what I’m getting myself into. Obviously, I personally don’t feel he’s the same competitor as he was back when I faced him the first time. Well, the first time, the twenty times, probably. I understand that I’m at a level far above him now. I believe I’m going to use him as an example to show everybody what I’m capable of.
Bobby Fish is dangerous. His feet are very educated, the most educated feet in pro wrestling. When he kicks you, he kicks very hard. It’s going to be a fight and I’m looking forward to it. The last six to eight months, I haven’t been that active in the ring and all I’ve ever done in my life is wrestle. To get back in there and recharge, it’s invigorating.”
Strong and Fish were both part of Undisputed Era before the group broke up earlier this year. Strong resigned from NXT before redebuting as part of the Diamond Mine.
Meanwhile Fish was recovering from surgery when the group split up and later returned to feud with Pete Dunne.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Asuka Teases Mystery Partner For Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament
- Scrapped Plans For Drew Gulak On August 5 SmackDown Revealed
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw