An update has emerged on Roderick Strong’s injury status, after the popular star missed this week’s (May 24) edition of NXT 2.0.
While Strong was originally slated to team with Damon Kemp to face off against NXT Tag Team Champions Pretty Deadly, it was stated in a backstage promo that Strong had rolled his ankle during training.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Strong is okay, and the ‘injury’ will factor into his current storyline:
“Roderick Strong was said on TV to have an ankle injury, which led to the Strong & Damon Kemp vs. Pretty Deadly match being off TV this week. I was just told Strong is okay and this will be added to the Diamond Mine storyline.”
Strong has reportedly asked for his WWE release ‘multiple times’ over the last few months. The report noted that Strong factors into current creative plans, and that WWE has no plans to release him.
Strong’s former Undisputed Era teammates, Adam Cole, Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish, are currently signed to AEW, wrestling as the Undisputed Elite. Cole recently indicated that Strong would be welcomed into AEW, if he left WWE.
There have been over 20 names who have left WWE this year so far. You can read a list of every 2022 departure at this link.
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Another WWE Star Trying To Join Judgment Day
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- WWE Star Reacts To Fan Jumping Barricade At Live Event
- Raw Star Who ‘Never Wins’ Addresses WWE Booking