Commitment to a character is important if you’re Roderick Strong who recently revealed that he told his mom he had actually quit NXT earlier this year.
Strong recently spoke with Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful Select (subscription required) where he opened up about quitting NXT in kayfabe. This happened shortly after NXT Takeover Stand & Deliver and he did not reappear until the debut of Diamond Mine.
Strong said in order to make other people believe he had quit, he had to believe he had quit. This is where it was noted that he even told his mother that he had quit WWE.
Strong also confirmed that Arturo Ruas was supposed to be part of the Diamond Mine in the interview. Ruas was released by WWE earlier this year.
Roderick Strong will take on Bobby Fish on this week’s episode of NXT.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- CM Punk Comments On Rey Mysterio & Dominik WrestleMania Feud
- Celebrity Training For WWE In-Ring Return
- WWE Name Criticizes ‘Childish’ CM Punk Instagram Post
- AEW Star Says Cody Rhodes’ WWE Push Made Them ‘Reevalutate’ Future
- Roman Reigns To Hit Huge Milestone Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- KSI Addresses Possibility Of A WWE Future