We are now less than two weeks away from Ring of Honor’s biggest show of 2020, Final Battle. With the show looming, ROH has announced two more matches for their climactic show.
The first new match will be the first-ever Pure Rules tag team match. Wheeler Yuta and Fred Yehi will take on Tracy Williams and Rhett Titus of The Foundation on the pre-show. The match will follow similar rules to regular Pure Rules matches with some added tag rules.
Wrestlers must reach over the top rope to make a tag while holding the tag rope with the other hand. These are the rules in standard tag matches but they are rarely enforced. Wrestlers also have five seconds to exit the ring after a tag. Additionally, if a team breaks up a pin or submission, that will count as one of their three rope breaks.
The other match announced for the show will see indie-favourite Danhausen take on Brian Johnson. If Danhausen is able to win, he will earn an ROH contract.
Here is the full lineup for ROH Final Battle:
- ROH World Championship Match – Rush (c) vs. Brody King
- ROH Pure Championship Pure Rules Match – Jonathan Gresham (c) vs. Flip Gordon
- ROH World Tag Team Championship Match – Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham (c) vs. Mark Briscoe & PCO
- ROH Television Championship Match – Dragon Lee (c) vs. TBD
- Matt Taven & Mike Bennett vs. Vincent & Bateman
- ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match – Bandido, Flamita & Rey Horus (c) vs. Shane Taylor, Moses & Kaun
- If Danhausen Wins he gets an ROH Contract – Danhausen vs. Brian Johnson
- Grudge Match – EC3 vs. Jay Briscoe
- Pure Rules Tag Team Match – Fred Yehi & Wheeler Yuta vs. Tracy Williams & Rhett Titus
- ROH TV Title Number One Contendership Four Corner Survival Match – Tony Deppen vs. LSG vs. Josh Woods vs. Dak Draper
ROH Final Battle 2020 will air on December 18, 2020.