In a statement released to PWInsider.com, ROH had the following to say regarding Kelly Klein:
“We don’t generally discuss personal issues but they seem to have made it public – we didn’t fire [Kelly Klein], we just notified her that we would not be renewing her contract.”
According to PWInsider.com, Klein’s current deal expires on 12/31. ROH did not comment on the status of the Women of Honor Championship.
Earlier today, WrestleTalk reported Ring of Honor did not re-sign Kelly Klein after Joey Mercury and BJ Whitmer made posts declaring she was fired. Many other wrestling sites claimed she was fired as well.
However, when you look at the letter Joe Koff emailed to Kelly Klein, it clearly states they are not firing her or exercising their non-compete clause. They are just choosing to not negotiate with her for a contract extension.
Regardless of the wording, ROH informed Klein through email. Klein is out with a concussion.
Klein has been very vocal on social media about how ROH has treated wrestlers while injured. It appears Ring of Honor won’t be helping their case by choosing to do this communication while she’s injured.
Of course, it could be considered unwise to voice your work concerns on social media. However, this certainly seems to be the case in quite a few wrestling companies at the moment.
Like Triple H says both sides might need to act more professional.
- Former WWE Wrestler Corroborates Rita Chatterton’s Rape Allegation Against Vince McMahon
- More Details On Claudio Castagnoli Joining AEW
- WWE Raw Live Results – June 27, 2022
- Jon Moxley Claims He’s ‘Probably Concussed’ In Passionate Post-Show Promo
- Becky Lynch Reacts To Claudio Castagnoli AEW Debut
- What Happened After AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Went Off Air?
- Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson & Paul Wight Appear On WWE Raw
- Xavier Woods Reacts To Claudio Castagnoli AEW Debut
- Stipulation Added To Kevin Owens WWE Raw Match
- WWE Star Aliyah Dealing With An Injury