Last week, ROH announced the 8 competitors for the Number 1 Contender’s Tournament for the ROH World Championship. Today, they revealed the bracket.
First round matches will consist of Colt Cabana vs. Marty Scurll, Bandido vs. Jay Lethal, Dalton Castle vs. Mark Haskins, and PCO vs. Kenny King. While there was some speculation that faction members could face off in the tournament, it appears this can only happen in the finals.
RUSH GETS ROH WORLD TITLE SHOT AT DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR PAY-PER-VIEW IN LAS VEGAS SEPTEMBER 27TH!
Read More: https://t.co/CfuHRJIIDF
?Tickets: https://t.co/XxsKNh7v1w pic.twitter.com/F7P3M1jibY
— ROH Wrestling (@ringofhonor) September 3, 2019
The winner of Cabana/Scurll will face the winner of Bandido/Lethal. The other side of the bracket will pair the winners of Haskins/Castle vs. King/PCO. The final and semi-final matches will take place at Final Battle in December.
The winner will get a shot at the title currently held by Matt Taven. Taven faces Volidor Jr. at Global Wars Espectacular this Saturday. If he can make it through, then RUSH gets a title shot at the Death before Dishonor Pay-per-view.
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?