Last week, ROH announced the 8 competitors for the Number 1 Contender’s Tournament for the ROH World Championship. Today, they revealed the bracket.
First round matches will consist of Colt Cabana vs. Marty Scurll, Bandido vs. Jay Lethal, Dalton Castle vs. Mark Haskins, and PCO vs. Kenny King. While there was some speculation that faction members could face off in the tournament, it appears this can only happen in the finals.
RUSH GETS ROH WORLD TITLE SHOT AT DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR PAY-PER-VIEW IN LAS VEGAS SEPTEMBER 27TH!
Read More: https://t.co/CfuHRJIIDF
— ROH Wrestling (@ringofhonor) September 3, 2019
The winner of Cabana/Scurll will face the winner of Bandido/Lethal. The other side of the bracket will pair the winners of Haskins/Castle vs. King/PCO. The final and semi-final matches will take place at Final Battle in December.
The winner will get a shot at the title currently held by Matt Taven. Taven faces Volidor Jr. at Global Wars Espectacular this Saturday. If he can make it through, then RUSH gets a title shot at the Death before Dishonor Pay-per-view.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Killer Kross Scrapped AEW Plans Revealed
- Corey Graves ‘Toned Down’ What WWE Wanted Him To Say About Sasha Banks & Naomi
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- AEW Star Britt Baker Would ‘Love’ To Wrestle Sasha Banks
- AEW Star Ethan Page Wants More Ring & Microphone Time In AEW
- Sonny Kiss To Join ‘The Baddies’ Faction In AEW?
- Jack Evans ‘Super Disappointed’ About Match With Kenny Omega