Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling star Beretta made his return from injury at Ring of Honor: Honor For All on Friday night.
Beretta returned to make the save for his tag team partner Chuck Taylor following a match with Bully Ray. Taylor had triumphed via disqualification after Bully hit him with an intentional low blow. The former ECW alumni then continued to assault his prey with a chain following the match, causing Beretta to run in to make the save.
Beretta had been out of action since February with a torn tricep. His last events were the ROH/NJPW Honor Rising shows where he teamed with Taylor and Jay White to defeat Dalton Castle, Jay Lethal, and Ryusuke Taguchi on February 23rd before losing a three-way match for the ROH World Championship to then-champion Dalton Castle.
Beretta is also well known for his work in New Japan Pro Wrestling where he is a former IWGP Junior Tag Team Champion alongside partner Rocky Romero. Beretta and Romero made up the tag team Roppongi Vice and as a team they won the tag titles four times. After Beretta and Romero went their separate ways, Beretta had the biggest match of his singles career last year at Power Struggle where he failed to defeat Kenny Omega for the IWGP United States Championship.
Beretta also had a run in WWE where he was known as Trent Barreta. Here he was used primarily as an enhancement talent.
Are you excited to see Beretta back in the ring? Let us know in the comments below, Twitter or Discord now where you can talk with your favorite writers.
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Top WWE Star Says Doctors ‘Aren’t Letting Them Compete’
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?
- CM Punk Shares Follow Up Message After Now-Deleted Instagram Story
- Rumor Killer On WWE Offering Insane Money To Internet Star
- AEW Pitching Creative For Star Rumoured To Be Leaving
- AEW Star Helped Produce Incredible Kenny Omega Vs. El Hijo Del Vikingo Dream Match
- El Hijo Del Vikingo Next Match Announced By Tony Khan
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since