Top UK prospect and awesome flippy flop guy Will Ospreay now has a date with destiny at Death Before Dishonor on September 29. On the latest Ring of Honor episode, ROH World Champion Jay Lethal issued an open challenge and the one-and-only Will Ospreay answered. After a bit of back-and-forth banter between the two wrestlers, a very confident Lethal accepted Ospreay’s challenge.
Ospreay first appeared for Ring of Honor back in 2016 when he defeated Bobby Fish in his debut in the promotion to become the new ROH World Television Champion. The London native has made appearances here and there for the promotion since dropping the title to Marty Scrull a few days later, but his work is mostly known in places such as New Japan Pro Wrestling or the UK promotion Progress Wrestling.
For the most part of 2018, Lethal’s journey throughout Ring of Honor has been about redemption, and on June 30, 2018, Lethal successfully completed his arduous struggle to the top by defeating Dalton Castle to become a two-time ROH World Champion. Now Lethal is set for a rematch against the man he defeated in Ospreay’s last match in ROH back in December 2017.
The following matches are advertised for the Death Before Dishonor event on September 28 in Las Vegas, Nevada at Orleans Arena:
- Jay Lethal (c) vs. Will Ospreay – ROH World Championship
- Cody, the Young Bucks, Marty Scurll, and Hangman Page vs. Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, Rocky Romero, Trent Beretta, and Chuckie T
- The Briscoes (c) vs. Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian – ROH World Tag Team Championships
- Punishment Martinez (c) vs. Chris Sabin – ROH World Television Championship
- Kenny King vs. Jushin Liger
- Sumie Sakai (c) vs. Tenille Dashwood – Women of Honor Championship