Marty Scurll recently took over the role of booker for Ring of Honor after signing a new deal to stay with the promotion. It is now being reported by Fightful that Cody received a similar offer during his contract negotiation in 2018.
“there were ‘generous’ offers made to Cody Rhodes at the very least to retain him. It was confirmed to us that in negotiations the idea of being a booker was broached there, as well, and that both sides seemed to leave with a positive interaction.”
Cody left ROH along with the rest of The Elite and SoCal Uncensored at the end of 2018. All Elite Wrestling was announced shortly thereafter and has been operating ever since.
Cody is one of the executive vice presidents of AEW and thus has an amount of creative control.
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- Fascinating Details On ‘Real-Life Animosity’ Between John Cena & The Rock
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- AEW Star Kris Statlander Expected Out For 6-8 Months
- Renee Paquette Recalls Vince McMahon Laughing At Her For Needing To Pee
- Santos Escobar Banished From NXT After Losing To Tony D’Angelo