Duquesne University offensive lineman Roman Macek has revealed he was offered a WWE developmental deal following the latest tryouts.
The WrestleMania weekend tryouts took place took place in Frisco, Texas over the span of three days starting March 30, with more than 50 participants in attendance.
Speaking with Trib Live about receiving the contract offer, Roman Macek said:
“Immediately, I started tearing up. I threw my hands in the air. I said thank you probably 400 times in the span of 10 seconds. Accepted it immediately. It was an unbelievable feeling. It felt so surreal. …This is something I wanted my entire life.”
Discussing what the tryouts actually entailed, he added:
“Executives that worked on the promo side, writers of the WWE, (we) were taught how to cut a promo and how to use your words to tell a story. We also had some performance testing. We were throwing medicine balls above our heads. Verticals. Broad jumps. Little drills to gauge athletic ability. … Learning how to take bumps, and how to fall correctly. I’m an offensive lineman. I never want to hit the ground. But now I’m learning how to hit the ground properly without being hurt. Then hitting the ropes.”
This tryout was invitation only, and talking about how the invitation actually came about in the first place, Macek said he followed the WWE recruitment page and liked a few posts, and then WWE reached out to him. He explained:
“I was talking to some of the other talent that was down there, and they all had similar stories. They received a direct message from the WWE recruitment page, and it just went from there. We all had phone calls from scouting talent identification. It was the most humbling, best experience down there.”
Macek is set to receive the formal contract offer later this week, and will be required to move to Florida within 60 days if he accepts it, which, if you couldn’t tell, is what he’s leaning towards doing.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed