WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns has addressed Jimmy Uso’s DUI, noting that he does not condone his cousin’s behaviour.
On July 5 , Jimmy Uso (real name Jonathan Fatu) was arrested for DUI after running a red light and doing 50MPH in a 35MPH zone in Pensacola, Florida. Fatu had previously been booked for DUI in July 2019.
Speaking with The New York Post, Roman Reigns stated that he loves his family, but “condone that kind of behavior or decision-making.” Reigns also noted that it was “not a great light to be shining” on his family or WWE.
Believing that the situation required a great deal of love and attention, Reigns said:
“We’re all human, we’re all cynics, we all make mistakes. Instead of what some people might feel you should give up on somebody or maybe turn your back on that type of behavior, that’s one way to do it. But I don’t think that’s the way to push through and gain experience or make progressive movements of becoming a better man or a better human.
“So for me, it was diving into it with great attention, great love and very thorough communication to make sure my family is continually bettering themselves and putting themselves in a position to make better decisions.”
Following Fatu arrest, it was reported that unanimous concern within WWE for Fatu. Currently prominently featured on WWE TV, Fatu holds the SmackDown Tag Team Championship alongside his brother, Jey Uso (Joshua Fatu).
The Usos defend their title against Rey & Dominik Mysterio at SummerSlam on Saturday.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- WWE Star To Confront Cody Rhodes On Tonight’s Raw (June 5)?
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW