WWE has announced a Universal Championship match for next week’s (September 3) episode of SmackDown.
On last night’s show, Roman Reigns hosted a ‘championship celebration’ following his victory over John Cena at last Sunday’s SummerSlam pay-per-view.
At the end of the segment, Finn Balor confronted Roman Reigns and challenged him to a Universal Championship match for next week’s episode of SmackDown in Jacksonville, Florida.
WWE commissioner Adam Pearce then took to Twitter, agree with Balor’s challenge. WWE has since made the match official for next week.
Well there’s an idea, @FinnBalor. Hmmm. ?
— Adam Pearce (@ScrapDaddyAP) August 28, 2021
— WWE (@WWE) August 28, 2021
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- Ex-WWE Star To Make In-Ring Return After Five Years Away
- Exciting Prospect Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- Update On Jey Uso’s WWE Status Following Raw Switch
- Mandy Rose Now Officially A Free Agent, Reveals Likelihood Of Returning To Wrestling
- Injured WWE Star Returning To In-Ring Training Soon
- Former World Champion Confirms He’ll Be A Free Agent On September 30
- AEW Star Addresses Dolph Ziggler Being Released By WWE