WWE has announced a Universal Championship match for next week’s (September 3) episode of SmackDown.
On last night’s show, Roman Reigns hosted a ‘championship celebration’ following his victory over John Cena at last Sunday’s SummerSlam pay-per-view.
At the end of the segment, Finn Balor confronted Roman Reigns and challenged him to a Universal Championship match for next week’s episode of SmackDown in Jacksonville, Florida.
WWE commissioner Adam Pearce then took to Twitter, agree with Balor’s challenge. WWE has since made the match official for next week.
Well there’s an idea, @FinnBalor. Hmmm. ?
— Adam Pearce (@ScrapDaddyAP) August 28, 2021
— WWE (@WWE) August 28, 2021
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- Fascinating Details On ‘Real-Life Animosity’ Between John Cena & The Rock
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- AEW Star Kris Statlander Expected Out For 6-8 Months
- Renee Paquette Recalls Vince McMahon Laughing At Her For Needing To Pee
- Santos Escobar Banished From NXT After Losing To Tony D’Angelo