Roman Reigns appears to have potentially suffered a legitimate injury during the WrestleMania 38 Sunday main event against Brock Lesnar.
Many people were underwhelmed by the sudden finish of the match, but it looks like we now know why it went down the way it did.
Before landing the final spear, Roman Reigns was seen telling Paul Heyman “it’s out”, which most people assumed to be a work in the sense he was saying his shoulder had popped out of its socket after being locked in Brock Lesnar’s Kimura hold.
Well, images have now surfaced which suggest there was an actual injury, which would explain why Reigns got straight up, hit one spear, and pinned Lesnar to become Undisputed WWE Universal Champion.
There’s been no official confirmation of the injury as of yet, so we will of course keep you posted with any updates.
Check out the images here and see for yourself:
Roman Reigns was legitimately hurt. This might explain the flat ending. #WrestleMania pic.twitter.com/N4VUW65gCJ
— Wrestling News (@WrestlingNewsCo) April 4, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans