Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns has commented on the possibility of him losing his gold.
Roman Reigns has been champion for a really long time. The Tribal Chief won the Universal Title at Payback in August 2020, before unifying it with the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 38 this April.
Speaking with The Ringer, Reigns noted that he believes he’s around halfway through his title reign overall.
Discussing his championship run, Reigns said:
“I’m right in the middle of it. People want these interviews, they want to do these documentaries. But this is the bottom of the third inning to me.
“We’re in the second quarter of the Super Bowl right now. Just wait, man. We’ve done this in turbulent times, through a pandemic, through the biggest change of all time in this business.
“And we’ve done it seamlessly. We’ve done it without falter. Down the road, 20 years from now when we start giving out all these crazy details of the inside, inside, there’s just going to be even deeper respect for the performances that we’ve been putting on.
“Man, it’s been a hell of a journey. But it’s only begun. It’s going to get bigger.”
Reigns most recently defended his Undisputed WWE Universal Championship against influencer Logan Paul at the November 5 Crown Jewel premium live event.
The Tribal Chief is preparing to team with The Usos, Solo Sikoa & Sami Zayn to battle Sheamus, Butch, Ridge Holland, Drew McIntyre & Kevin Owens in a WarGames match at Survivor Series.
Check out the announced card for the upcoming premium live event right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Replacement Named For WWE Championship Match Changed Due To Medical Issue
- NXT Star Praised For Making ‘Unprecedented’ Progress
- Triple H’s Next WWE Signing Revealed?
- More Main Roster Debuts At WWE Taping
- The Bloodline Pay Tribute To Umaga On WWE Raw
- Top AEW Star Announced For December 7 Dynamite
- Championship Match Cancelled Due To Top WWE Star Medical Issue
- Find Out When Tony Khan Will Publicly Address William Regal Status
- WWE Teases Two Epic Future Feuds On Raw
- WWE Star Returns To Raw For Vengeance