The previously announced WWE Universal Championship match for tonight’s WWE Day 1 pay-per-view has been cancelled.
Roman Reigns has revealed on Twitter that he has tested positive for COVID-19, and will be unable to compete on tonight’s show.
I yearn to perform tonight at #WWEDay1 to defend my Universal Championship. However, unfortunately, earlier today I tested positive for COVID-19. Due to the proper protocols I am unable to compete as originally scheduled. I look forward to returning to action as soon as possible.
— Roman Reigns (@WWERomanReigns) January 1, 2022
Brock Lesnar, who was scheduled to challenge Reigns on the show, will now be added to the WWE Championship match between champion Big E, Bobby Lashley, Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens, with the match now becoming a five-way.
It is unknown if any other matches announced for the show have been replaced at this time.
BREAKING: @BrockLesnar to challenge for WWE Championship tonight in Fatal 5-Way Match at #WWEDay1 following @WWERomanReigns testing positive for COVID-19. https://t.co/wXmr4kzcz5 pic.twitter.com/WrRFmDSRjR
— WWE (@WWE) January 1, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?